Xiaomi has launched Redmi 4, the company’s latest budget smartphone and the successor of last year’s Redmi 3S in India.
Even though it runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based MIUI 8, it is offering beta test of Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box.It has a metal frame, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, 4G VoLTE support and packs a 4100mAh battery. It is also ‘Made in India’ smartphone similar to most of the Xiaomi smartphones.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 specifications:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450nit brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio,72% NTSC color gamut.
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU.
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD.
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD).
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash.
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor.
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm; Weight: 150g.
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS.
- 4100mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes in Gorgeous Black and Elegant gold colors in India, is priced at Rs. 6999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version,3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 8,999 and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 10,999. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in.