Samsung has launched its flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones in India. These phones were announced last month.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ specifications:
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU.
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD.
- Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD).
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size.
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens.
- Water and dust resistant (IP68).
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128.
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor.
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST.
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging.
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ come in Midnight Black and Maple Gold colours, while the S8+ also comes in Coral Blue colour. These are are priced at Rs. 57,900 and Rs. 64,900 respectively and will be available for pre-order exclusively from today on Flipkart and Samsung Shop, and goes on sale from May 5th.
All pre-bookings get a free Convertible Wireless Charger and all the S8 and S8+ users get a Double Data offer on the Jio on recharge of Rs. 309 (448 GB of 4G data over 8 months).